Relaxing Cannabis Strains for Stress Management
Feeling stressed? Everyone has experienced stress, whether at work, family, or day-to-day life. Some people do not realize the negative effects of stress on their physical, mental, and behavioral health. We will help you determine which cannabis strains best for stress management.
What does relaxed mean?
Feeling relaxed and sleepy is not the same. It is important to know the difference between these effects, especially if you are an inexperienced cannabis consumer.
With sleepiness, you are literally closing your eyes and couch lock for the next few hours. While feeling relaxed would mean many more things.
Tips for using Cannabis to Beat Stress
- Pay attention to the terpenes listed on the dispensary products. Both Caryophyllene and Linalool are terpenes that help fight stress.
- Keep a journal. Note your dosage, strain, and methods of use after experimentation. Note the high effect and adjust as needed.
- Try micro-dosing. Some experience a feeling of anxiety or paranoia from different strains, starting with a low dose and adjusting the dosage is ideal to combat stress.
Marijuana Strains to help you relax
- GG4 – Also known as Gorilla Glue #4 has a couch lock sensation that leaves you glued to the couch. GGA4 is an Indica-dominant hybrid, famous for its THC content. It averages 18 to 25% THC content. Along with the body buzz, expect uplifting, cerebral effects. Not exactly a strain to use in the morning, Original Glue is more suited to a day off from work or to end the day.
- Bubba Kush – Kush is responsible for that stoney euphoria. It comes from Afghani, Kush, and Northern Lights descent. This Indica strain has a sweet hashish flavor with subtle notes of chocolate and coffee come through on the exhale, delighting the palate as powerful relaxation takes over. From head to toe, muscles ease with heaviness as dreamy euphoria blankets the mind, crushing stress while bringing cheerful moods.
- King Louis XIII – The THC content of this strain is typically over 20%. This strain announces itself as many people did in the 1600s: by its smell. It is known for its fragrant smell of pine and earthy musk and is best to use as a sleep aid, which creates relaxation and a positive mood.
- Granddaddy Purple – Granddaddy Purple is believed to be one of the best for stress, anxiety, and insomnia. This strain has a sweet, grape flavor that relieves loss of appetite. This classic Indica-dominant hybrid will cause couch lock sensation.
- God’s Green Crack – The Indica and Sativa parents work together to deliver a duality of head and body effects that lift the mood while relaxing muscles. Patients looking to ease stress and depression will especially find this strain useful. Its buds take on a deep purple coloration toward the end of its maturation, especially when raised in lower temperatures.
- Blue Dream – A slightly Sativa dominant hybrid with THC content ranging from 17 to 24%. Blue Dream has a delicious aroma of sweet blueberry pie and a taste of sugary sweet blueberries that stays on your tongue long after smoking. This strain gives an immediate onset of an uplifting cerebral head high that leaves you completely motivated and focused with waves of creative energy that hit quickly and hard. This is accompanied by a mellow, relaxing body high that leaves you warmed, numb, and completely pain-free. This is an ideal strain for treating patients suffering from conditions such as chronic stress, chronic pain because of injury or illness, mild-to-moderate cases of depression, and sleep disorders, including insomnia.
- Strawberry Cough – Strawberry Cough is a potent strain with mysterious genetic origins. It is known for its sweet smell with fresh strawberries and an expanding sensation that can make the seasoned consumer cough. The skunky, berry flavors will capture your senses while the cerebral, uplifting effects provide an aura of euphoria that is sure to leave a smile on your face. Strawberry Cough is a brilliant solution in times of elevated stress. Its THC content ranges from 22% to 26%.