How To Make Hash at Home
Hash comes from the word hashish, which means “grass” in Arabic. It is a type of cannabis extract made by separating the trichomes from the cannabis plant. Learn how to make hash at home with a few easy steps.
Trichomes or resin glands of the cannabis plant line the surface of the plant when they are fully ripened. Resembling to form a highly concentrated psychoactive substance. Made by separating these trichomes from the buds, leaves, and stems of the plant, and heating them to create a powerful, concentrated form of marijuana.
Benefits of Hash
Hash is far more potent than normal marijuana. It has THC concentrations ranging from 40% to 60%. Because it is a concentrate, many enthusiasts seek to ingest or learning how to make hash. Hash effects last longer and are stronger.
Thus, the potency when learning how to make hash will vary depending on the strain you used and which technique.
Steps in Making Hash at Home
Method 1 – Hand Rolling
This is the simplest way to make hash and requires no equipment. This is also one of the most traditional methods of making hash.
Non-dried cannabis flower. Do not use dried cannabis trimmings.
- Before you start, clean your hands. For the most organic results possible, use non-residual, unscented hand soap.
- Take a cannabis bud in your hand and be sure to remove any leaves or stems.
- Place the bud in between your two palms and gently begin rolling the bud in a circular motion. Do not apply too much pressure on the bud to avoid contaminating has with plant particles.
- You will see a thick, black resin forming on the insides of your hands and fingers. This is essentially hash or charas. Scrape this hash onto a clean surface and press it together to create a small block or ball.
Method 2 – Dry Sifting
This is the easiest and most popular form of making hash. It involves sifting cannabis trimmings through a fine sieve in order to create a highly potent kief which is later pressed to form a block.
For best results, try freezing your marijuana in a zip-lock bag overnight.
A credit card
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a clean surface. The sheet should be slightly larger than your silkscreen.
- Place the silkscreen above the piece of baking paper. Next, place your marijuana trimmings on top of the silkscreen, break apart any large pieces.
- Using your hands, gently transfer the trimmings around the silkscreen to help separate the trichomes from the plant material. You should see a small amount of kief forming on the baking paper beneath the screen.
- Continue moving the trimmings around the screen until the kief beneath the sieve is roughly 10-20% of the total amount of trimmings you used.
- Once done sifting through your trimmings, collect your kief and press it. Use a credit card to firm a nice pile on the sheet of backing paper and simply press it into a thin hash block.
Method 3 – Blending
An Extra Large Glass Jar
- Place the trimmings in a blender together with enough water to cover them and plenty of ice. Blend for one minute to create a thick, frothy mixture.
- Drain the mixture through a silkscreen into the glass of the jar. Allow the mixture to settle for 30 minutes.
- You should see a small amount of sediment at the bottom of the jar. This is essentially hash.
- Pour off 2/3 of the water inside the jar. Be sure to pour slowly to avoid losing any of the hash at the bottom.
- Fill the jar to the top with more ice water and allow the mixture to settle for another 3 minutes. Once it is settled, repeat steps 4 and 5. This will help to separate as much material from your hash.
- Drain off the water from the jar without losing the hash. Then strain the remaining mixture through the coffee filter and squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Damp, cold mass is hash. Now all you need is to dry it and enjoy it in a joint or bong.
Your Go-to Method
Consider this guide on how to make your own hash at home. The quality of the final product depends on your choice of starting materials. Check more cannabis products online.